DMP Audio

(This is the link to the folder, the exact file is called "Lauren's Story."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blQHfrwcM15acyuksaZiTLcrLRYUJzwY/view?usp=sharing

Lauren is 22, and returned from her mission a year ago. She moved down to Provo in December, and works full time to save money to attend BYU-I in the Fall. She has been close friend of mine for a decade. 

Prior to the interview, I asked Lauren about the difficult times in her life. I explained the concept of "limbo" and "Holy Saturday" to her, and asked if any of those experiences felt like those concepts. The audio was her response to that. I also asked during the interview what advice she would give to people in times of "limbo."

I like the words Lauren used to describe her experience (floating, no purpose).

I also like the words she uses to describe her solution, or method of surviving and getting through a time of limbo (trust, decided to stop planning out her life in detail, let go).

I think an image of something floating but grasping tightly to a tether (and in doing so, remaining stuck where they are) is a powerful one. Only when we let go can we progress and move forward, even if we don't know exactly where the wind will take us. In other words, in times of limbo, perhaps the act of letting go is better than holding too tightly.



Comments

Popular Posts